Why Martial Arts Master Even Recommended Having Pepper Spray for Self Defense
August 8, 2016 Ryu 0 Comments
In the contemporary world there is several reported cases of crime rates which has significantly increased in the course of time. Unpredictable incidences have become the order of the day and thus have prompted people to think of their personal safety particularly when they are outside their premises. Whether you are just taking a quick walk with your favorite dog or maybe you are on your way to work, you can never tell what might happen to you in any minute. As such, there is a dire need to always carry a self-defense weapon with you whenever you walk out of your residence.
Why use pepper spray for self-defense?
Using pepper spray to protect yourself is one of the best weapon that is available and much easily accessible. The spray comes in form of OC or Oleoresin Capsicum as its active agent and which irritates the eyes and nasal cavity when sprayed directly and correctly to the assailant. The spray also has other overwhelming effects such as causing burning pain, temporary blindness, difficulty in breathing, swelling eyelids as well as excessive tears. With the Combinations of all this stinging effects in the mind, the assailant will be confused and in excruciating pain and hence will give you the opportunity and time to escape the moment the chemical takes effect.
Apart from the fact that pepper spray is extremely effective, it is also non-lethal hence making it legal in most of the states in the United States of America. More so, pepper sprays are relatively inexpensive and you can therefore easily afford to buy one whenever you need it. You are assured of security and protection when you have a canister of spray with you wherever you go. The spray only requires minimum skill to use it hence making it an effective and efficient weapon when it comes to defending yourself.
Selecting the best pepper spray for self-defense
Some of the features to contemplate when deciding on what spray to pick includes;
- Ease of use. It is essential that you select a product that is simple to operate and use in case you are caught up with any emergence situation as every second is precious. It is not advisable to have a pepper spray that will cost you some minute when you are figuring out how to use it.
- Capacity of the spray. You should at least have a spray that has more than five rounds in case you miss on your first three tries. It also aids particularly when you are dealing with multiple aggressors.
- Portability. You should carry a spray that is compact and that is easy carry around and bring it with you wherever you go. It can come in different forms such as; key ring, lipstick or armband.
- Range. You should prefer a spray that has a range of at least 10 feet as it gives you a much safer distance from your attacker.
- Spray type. There are numerous types of pepper sprays which includes fogger, foam stream, and gel factor.
Significant tips when using the pepper spray
It is paramount that you first undertake a training course from pepper spray professionals so that you can be prepared with the device before you purchase one. This will give you the opportunity to have knowledge about the product and know how to protect yourself when using it. It is also important that you keep the spray away from the youngsters reach and in case of unpredictable contact, instantaneously you should rinse your eyes with a lot of cold water